That's Right

...it's The End.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas 1991

My family has many holiday traditions, most of which I vehemently protect, and others of which I could do without. Before we open presents every year we have "sharing time," where we all talk about our lives. I'm not big on that. When we were little and didn't have much life experience, we performed in front of our parents before we opened presents. Unfortunately for me, not only did I lack life experience, but talent as well.

Being 5 years younger than the rest of my siblings, I didn't participate in the numerous classes and activities that they did. So when the other siblings were playing the recorder or saxophone, I was left with the extra parts, such as being a donkey in a play directed by Kirsten. It wasn't bad. I had experience playing the role of animals in nativity plays, and I'm sure I made an excellent donkey.

One year, however, my parents prompted me to perform when nothing had been planned for me. I decided I could do some impromptu choreography to the Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies, so my parents cued up the Christmas CD (CD's were just starting to get big at that point), and I got to prancing. I really wanted to be a ballerina (this may have been the year I received a tutu), but my parents never let me take ballet lessons for some reason. Therefore, the dance pretty much consisted of me swaying back and forth and swinging my arms ever so gracefully.

Jan, Kirsten, and Brita decided to spice up this performance (it's a really long song) by jumping up in the air behind me and fluttering their arms at key parts. Um...you kind of have to see it. I demonstrated for my roommates, who got a big kick out of it. They also demanded that I find some old photos.

...You're welcome.




4 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger Bertronium said...

thanks... these photos are everything i dreamed them to be.

 
At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna, I love you... but we weren't spicing it up... we were just mocking you.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Änna said...

I knooow. Cause you guys were clearly so much cooler than me.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger heALin said...

I was spicing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home