That's Right

...it's The End.

Monday, September 05, 2005

what would Dr. Phil say?

Tonight I realized an incredibly obnoxious and immature habit I have...
  1. First, I make things awkward in a relationship (friend, acquaintance, whatever).
  2. Then, I assume the worst...that I am really annoying, and I've weirded the person out, and now they hate me.
  3. Next, I become a blurter. I tell everyone that "So and So hates me."
  4. Then, someone mentions it in front of the person, and more awkwardness ensues. Or I blurt it to the person myself, all dramatically.
I was at a party tonight (parties are where the blurting part gets the worst...I'm a huuuge blurter at parties), and honestly there were about 4 people about whom I said, "they really don't like me." This is not the first time I've done this, just the 4 in a row kind of made me realize that it might be a pattern. Why do I do this?? Is it some sort of weird defense mechanism for a strange insecurity? Or am I just, generally, an awkward person?

BLEEEEHHHH

Just kidding about asking Dr. Phil though. I'm really not a fan at all.