That's Right

...it's The End.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

in what sense?

I don't really like cake that much. Homemade Betty Crocker cakes are good, but sheet cakes, not so much. Every year on my birthday I get a cookie cake. They are amaaaazing! And I've always wanted to have a cookie cake at my wedding. You know, fancy and pretty and tiered, but aaalll cookie. So I decided today would be a good day to pursue my dream. I made a few calls.

me: Hi, this might sound like a weird question, but can you make wedding cakes?
GAC: No, we just do cookie cakes.
me: Yes, but can you make a cookie cake, for a wedding?
GAC: ...you're gonna have to explain what you mean.
me: I see you do round cakes, but could you do a tiered cookie cake for a wedding?
GAC: We got heart cakes, round cakes, 24 inch sheet cakes...
me: Okay, thank you.

me: I was wondering if you could do a tiered cookie wedding cake?
CC: I'm not clear on what you mean. We don't do a cake made out of cookies but we can do a tiered cake to look like cookies.

Fisher's Bakery
me: Do you do cookie cakes?
Fishers: In what sense?
me: Cakes made out of cookie batter.
Fishers: No.

I will not give up on my dream!

3 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Blogger Bertronium said...

That's amazing... you actually called places... and they all seemed to give equally confused responses.

I can't imagine what this wedding cookie cake would look like. Would it be like a regular wedding cake, but solid cookie? Would it be covered in icing?

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so down with your cookie cake. i can see it, though those 'professional' cookie bakeries cannot. i'm with you on this vision, Anna!

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Änna said...

thanks...it would be thinner than normal cakes, and would have decorative icing on some parts, but not the whole thing, and the layers would be propped up above each other on some kinda platforms

 

Post a Comment

<< Home