That's Right

...it's The End.

Friday, July 22, 2005

awkward guy part II

He comes in my office, (the 30 year old dude at my work) and when he finds out my boss is out for the day, he decides that no one will mind if he sits down and chats for awhile. Today he was bragging about how an 18 year old was hitting on him the other day. Okay. Then he tells me how he's talking to 10 women, who are all interested in him and say they want him to be their "friend with benefits". Please go on. I really really want to hear about this. Bleeeh. He says he only actually likes one of them, who is supposedly perfect for him.

him: But she's a Catholic. Are you Catholic?
me: No.
him: Is Catholic a bad religion?
me: No.
him: They're not like Jehovah's Witnesses are they?
me: No.

Then he tells me he had a dream that God made him like her so that he would start going to church. Then he tells me he has weird dreams, and I was in a dream the first day he met me. Juuuuust when you think it couldn't get more awkward. He dreamt that he was shampooing the carpet, and I came out to yell at him for making too much noise, and he and his friend were making fun of me for the rest of the day. Granted, I have dreams about random people too, but I don't actually tell them! I was just praying through the whole conversation for the phone to ring.
Ring. Ring. Ring.
But it didn't.
Maybe I'm being a jerk. He's a nice guy. Just a little unaware of social norms?

So yeah, that's what's going on at the Chapel today.

6 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

these posts are hilarious. i swear you could write a book.

 
At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever read David Sedaris? That's what this post reminds me of.

- Emily

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Brian said...

who the crap does that????

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Bertronium said...

really... only things like this would happen to you, Änna

agree to disagree

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Änna said...

no I have not read David Sedaris...who is he? or what is it?

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's a hilarious author. His sister is Amy Sedaris, who was on that show 'Strangers With Candy' on Comedy Central years ago. I have a few of his books at my apartment if you want to borrow them.

- Emily

 

Post a Comment

<< Home