That's Right

...it's The End.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

of the week, Thursday to Thursday

It's been over a month since my last update. Unacceptable! But since I don't have any anecdotes that I'm just bursting to tell, you'll have to make do with an HLH.

highs:
  • seeing an old friend, yay
  • seeing all the local celebrities out and about on the weekend (and all the 'celebrities' that my friends and I have created, such as Bradley Bar and Transformer Guy - Oh yeah, I know where he lives now.)
  • good music in my favorite venue
  • feeling like, for one day, spring was here and anything was possible, before the cold front moved in
  • seeing old coworkers and some of my favorite children at my old school
lows:
  • being made to wait 50 minutes at an interview with only a measly 'sorry' - If it were any other situation, I would give them a piece of my mind. Okay, the piece of my mind would sound like, "I feel very disrespected right now. It is completely inappropriate for you to ignore someone for almost an hour when you had a scheduled appointment. I hope you do not treat your employees this way, but I have very little faith in that right now." However, it was an interview, so I had to bite my tongue.
  • burning bridges and worrying about burnt bridges - I want all my bridges intact, all the time! Is that too much to ask? I don't even carry matches for this reason.

huhs:
  • the random conversations I had at a bus stop in Hampden on a Friday night...I wasn't actually waiting for the bus; I just needed a place to sit. I should sit at bus stops more often.
  • the chaos that ensued when a toilet overflowed in my classroom - But of course, I managed to turn it into non-chaos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home