That's Right

...it's The End.

Monday, January 03, 2011

I really really did like her; she was generous and funny and kind

A bunch of relatives are at my parents' house, chatting in the kitchen while my brother's playlist runs in the background.

I go over to his computer to check on the title and album of the song that is playing, which I assume to be by Joanna Newsom, who has a whining, abrasive voice if you ask me. My brother sees me checking and gives me a thumbs-up and raised eyebrow across the room, waiting for me to concur that this song is in fact awesome.

me: Eh, I never really liked her.

The room goes quiet except for that whiny voice in the background as all my aunts and uncles give me shocked and puzzled looks.

Apparently they had been talking about my great aunt who had just died.

2 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, Anna. Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year!

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger KGoth said...

I liked Aunt Brownie, too. She was all you said she was and more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home