That's Right

...it's The End.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

spoiled rotten, just with no stability

highlights of my first few weeks as a long-term sub

  • having NO TEAM MEETINGS. ever. I'm the only Pre-K teacher.
  • not having to listen to morning announcements
  • bonding with my personal assistant over Teen Mom
  • oh yeah, the fact that I have a personal assistant!
  • having many 2 hour delays, which means I don't even have kids until 1:00
  • being in a flexible and stress-free school with lots of support
  • showing an Andy Goldsworthy book to my 3-year-olds to reinforce the concept of melting after a science lesson. (I love the fact that I can introduce young children to my own taste. They will learn to love awesome things!)
  • the fact that I don't have to touch a behavior contract or the attendance or papers to send home, because my para-educators and assistant do all that
  • many people being very friendly and kind to me
  • the kids, who are a great bunch
lowlights

  • not getting paid on snow days

3 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sounds lovely.
you make me smile, too.
:D

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

also, I'm not sure if that comma goes there... does it?

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Änna said...

I think you could go either way on the comma. I usually err on the side of including them. I like commas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home