That's Right

...it's The End.

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

a place where there was nowhere left to go

I often want to put everything into words, into pictures. I want to capture the memories of my life so I can go back and relive them as often and as vividly as I want. It's that, "I don't have my camera!" syndrome. As if not having any way to make a memory tangible somehow negates it.

That's just silly.

Some of my best stories remain unwritten, because this is just not the place to share them. I look back on a weekend of good experiences, New Experiences, and I just can't write them all. And I shouldn't. Some things need a little space around them for mystery, to remain mine to share when I will and not to be typed for general consumption.

And yet...the capturing need is still there. Here is my compromise, one snippet of a weekend:

I sat with friends under the biggest fireworks I've ever seen, watching the burning embers rain down on the people around me, people who screamed and shielded themselves from the debris and stayed. Stayed because it was a New Experience. And it was good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home