That's Right

...it's The End.

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

a simple "run away from strangers" would suffice

Today a child told me that you need to bite the blue veins in bad guys' wrists to "offend yourself." When I asked how she would tell if someone is a bad guy, she said, "When he puts me in a cage every day like a bird."

I'm wondering if this is actually valid self-defense advice for four-year-olds. Whatever happened to "kick them in the crotch"? I mean, biting someone's wrist veins is pretty gruesome and not easily carried out to any degree that would really injure someone. Is that a conversation you really need to have with your children? They take your advice pretty seriously, so just be careful.

Also today, one of my children told me his name was Lance. I called him Lance all day, and he chuckled every time. This was what kept me entertained. This was what motivated me.

3 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger KGoth said...

Or, I would ask what movies this girl has been watching.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Änna said...

Well, she did once give me a play-by-play of Snakes on a Plane...

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Änna said...

but the phrase "I have to offend myself" paired with the fact that her mother once told me she should "punch and kick" any other student who touched her while in the potties leads me to believe it's parental advice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home