That's Right

...it's The End.

Monday, November 23, 2009

a lost memory retrieved

When I was a freshman and sophomore in college, I had a pseudo-stalker. I use that phrase because I think the term 'stalker' should be reserved for appropriate cases. (Another story for another day.) 

Anyway, his name was Billy Gray and he was a swimmer at Harvard. Or so he said over AOL Instant Messenger. The story checked out through Google, but of course, this character could have been someone I knew. Someone masquerading as the completely existent person bearing this easily invented name. 

I mean, in 6th grade, someone in my class created a petition to get a dress-down day (read: you could wear jeans to school) and signed false names on it, such as Bob Spoon. Once again, completely existent, yet completely fabricated. Once again, I digress.

Every so often, Billy Gray would IM me for who knows what reason. Not an incredibly interesting story, just one I wanted to document before I forget him forever.

If you are the person formerly known as Billy Gray, please let me know. Does anyone else remember him? Farrell?

2 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger Jules said...

i do. barely, but i do :)

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger KGoth said...

What qualifies as a stalker?




chorne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home