That's Right

...it's The End.

Sunday, September 06, 2009

see you at BWI

One really good way to meet older men is to get flat tires all the time. However, I am not interested in meeting older men, so that is not the reason I get flat tires all the time. I just do.

This makes number 6. It sets a new record, I think, because it is the same exact wheel on which a tire blew out about a month and a half ago.

By now, I've given up on the dream of being able to change my own tire. The knowledge is there, and the willingness to get dirty, but the strength just isn't. Even Sean, the BWI security checkpoint guy who stopped to help me, had a hard time. He had to put the jack handle in the end of the wrench for extra leverage.

I would say Sean was in his late thirties. The facts about him that I gleaned from our conversation are that he grew up in Ellicott City, lives there with his mother, drives his mother's Cadillac, is Catholic and Italian, and enjoys going to Cancun Cantina after work.

He was very helpful, not at all like Creepy Dave. However, there was the classic awkward exchange at the end of the whole thing.

Sean (peering over his sunglasses, as if to get a better look): How old are you?
me: I'm 23.
Sean: Wow, that's really young.
me: Yeah. I am young. (read: Too young for you. No disrespect. I really appreciate you helping me out. Too young for you.)
Sean: Well, would you ever want to go out for a drink? No pressure at all.
me: I don't think so.

All in all, he was a nice guy, and several steps up from Creepy Dave.

1 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger anadangel said...

el to the oh to the el

i can hear you say 'i don't think so'.

what did he say after that? was he super duper disappointed?

and ps, im really hating men right now cuz they just don't seem to give women a break... like i can't breathe without getting gawked at or asked out or referenced as their future... sometimes, i just want to buy groceries in peace!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home