That's Right

...it's The End.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

back

I have a lot to say about New Orleans. I started to write a post detailing my reactions, and the things I noticed about the city, and the sadness of meeting so many good people who just miss home, and the injustices that people are working to change.

I had some deep thoughts. And I had a list of lighter memories.

But it turns out I don't feel like trying to shove it all into some sort of an update that could never really convey everything we experienced.

So maybe you can ask me about it sometime, and inevitably I'll bring it up in conversation, because New Orleans is now a part of me. Eventually I'll post some stolen pictures, and maybe then you can get a better glimpse of what it was like.

A part of my heart will always be there. Going back won't be difficult, because in a city that has lost so many houses, there are still so many people that have opened their homes to me and invited me to claim their city as my own. Kind of ironic, but that's the kingdom of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home